Installation Technician / Tower Climber
GPNetworks is a well-established provider of both fiber and fixed wireless solutions. We have experienced continued growth over the past several years in the County of Grande Prairie and now have a position open for an Installation Technician / Tower Climber to service the County of Grande Prairie area.
This is a full-time, permanent position based out of our Grande Prairie office. The standard hours for this position are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. However, some work after hours and weekends may be required depending on business needs.
Being dependable, organized, having a positive attitude and a strong attention to detail are essential attributes of candidates for this position. The best candidates are also self-motivating with high energy, have a solid multi-tasking ability and a strong desire to learn new technologies.
Wages: $18.00 – $26.00 per hour, negotiable based on experience. Performance will be reassessed after 3 month probationary period.
• Provides installation and repair services to customers
• Installs, terminates, tests and repairs of Category 6,6E, 5, and 5E premise wiring according to TIA-568B standards. Terminations include RJ45 connectors.
• Installation of premise hardware, including but not limited to, plywood back boards, conduit, structured cabling, patch panels, UPS, PDU, relay racks, data cabinets, and NEMA boxes
• Installation of network hardware, including but not limited to, switches, routers, firewalls, IP phones, Analog Telephone Adapters, media convertors, wireless access points and dishes
• Climbs and works on towers for the purpose of installing, replacing of equipment
• Contributes to our 24 x 7 support by participating in rotating on-call shifts
• Consistently updates site data on every site visit
• Take pictures of each site for close out packages
• Assist with maintenance, upkeep and organization of the truck
Successful candidates will meet the following minimum qualifications
• 1-2 years installation and maintenance experience in the data/communications industry
• Current Fall-Protection (or equivalent) certification in tower climbing required
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including writing legibly to prepare neat and accurate records
• Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines and changing priorities
• Must pass pre-employment background check, including having a valid driver’s license and clear driving record
• Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends, when the workload requires, including responding to designated location for a standby /callout within 60 minutes
• Ability to climb towers up to 100 feet.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must pass CPR/First Aid trainings
How to apply:
G.P.N. Wireless Network Solutions Ltd.
#304, 10920 84 Ave
Grande Prairie, AB T8V 6H2